Basics of Moving Files
To move a files between workspaces, you need:
- To be a Workspace Owner
- Owner permissions to the files (including images)
You can move files created in one workspace to another. Files cannot be open during the move, and if you’re moving a document with XBRL, the workspace you are moving to needs the XBRL namespace and calendar set up. When moving classic files, you can choose to keep a frozen copy of files in the original workspace.
Moving a file between workspaces:
- Resets a document’s comments, history, permissions, and sets you as the owner
- Copies any linked files into a new folder in the selected workspace
You can move the following from one workspace to another:
Classic Data Collection
Next generation files in a project
Note: You can only move next generation Documents, Presentations, and Spreadsheets from one workspace to another if they are in a project. Folders cannot be moved.
Move a File to another Workspace
To move a file to another workspace:
- Select the file by checking the box next to the file name.
- Click Move in the toolbar or right-click the file and then select Move .
- Click Move to another Workspace.
- Select the workspace and click Move.
After you move the file, you can switch to that workspaces to work with the file in its new location.