You can copy an individual file or folder in one workspace and move it to another. This leaves the original file intact, but creates a duplicate file in the destination workspace.
When copying a file or folder:
- Linked files are included in the move.
- You are marked as the file owner in the new workspace.
- Any tasks, track changes, and history are reset.
- Only Workspace Owners with Viewer permissions can move files (including images)
- Files cannot be open during the copy
- If copying a document with XBRL, the originating workspace must have the XBRL namespace and calendar set up
- Only one file or folder can be copied at a time
You can copy the following file types from one workspace to another.
Files & Folders
Note: Filings, projects, and any Wdata connections aren't included when copying a folder to another workspace.
- Classic Documents
- Classic Workbooks
- Classic Presentations
- Classic Data Collection
Copy a file to another workspace
To copy a file to another workspace:
- Go to the Files tab.
- Find the desired file, click the dropdown menu on the right side, and select Move.
Alternatively, you can check the box next to the file and click Move in the toolbar.
- Click Copy to another Workspace.
- Review the files you selected and click Next >.
- Select copy settings and the workspace where you want to copy your file to, then click Copy to complete.
You'll get an email letting you know when the copy is complete. After you copy a file to another workspace, you can switch to that workspaces to work with the file in its new location.