This article is for:
- Workspace Owners
You can copy files created in one workspace to another workspace in your organization. To copy a file to another workspace, you need to be a Workspace Owner and have Viewer permissions to the files (including images).
Files cannot be open during the move, and if you’re copying a document with XBRL, the workspace you are copying to needs the XBRL namespace and calendar set up. Also, you can only copy one file or folder at a time.
Copying a file or folder to another workspace:
- Creates a new copy of files in the workspace you select and sets you as the owner. Additionally, any linked files are also copied.
- Resets tasks, track changes, and history.
- Keeps the original file intact in the original workspace.
You can copy the following file types from one workspace to another:
Files & Folders
Note: Filings and projects are not copied when you select to copy a folder to another workspace.
Classic Data Collection
Copy a File to another Workspace
To copy a file to another workspace:
- Select a file or folder by checking the box next to the file name.
- Click Move in the toolbar or right-click the file and then select Move .
- Click Copy to another Workspace.
- Review the files you selected and click Next >.
- Select the workspace where you want to copy your files and click Copy.
You'll get an email letting you know when the copy is complete. After you copy a file to another workspace, you can switch to that workspaces to work with the file in its new location.