This article is for:
- Workspace Owners
You can copy files created in one workspace to another workspace in your organization. To copy a file to another workspace, you need to be a Workspace Owner and have Viewer permissions to the files (including images).
Files cannot be open during the copy, and if you’re copying a document with XBRL, the workspace you are copying to needs the XBRL namespace and calendar set up. Also, you can only copy one file or folder at a time.
Copying a file or folder to another workspace:
- Creates a new copy of files in the workspace you select and sets you as the owner. Additionally, any linked files are also copied.
- Resets tasks, track changes, and history.
- Keeps the original file intact in the original workspace.
You can copy the following file types from one workspace to another:
Files & Folders
Note: Filings and projects are not copied when you select to copy a folder to another workspace.
Classic Data Collection
Copy a File to another Workspace
To copy a file to another workspace:
- Find the file or folder you want to copy to another workspace
- Right-click the file and select Move . You can also check the box next to the file and click Move in the toolbar.
- Click Copy to another Workspace.
- Review the files you selected and click Next >.
- Select copy settings and the workspace where you want to copy your file to, then click Copy.
You'll get an email letting you know when the copy is complete. After you copy a file to another workspace, you can switch to that workspaces to work with the file in its new location.