Inspect Facts is useful when you select multiple facts and want to view their details individually.
Change Multiple Facts Individually
When Inspect Facts is on and you select multiple facts, each fact’s details are shown individually.
Here’s how Inspect Fact works:
- Select multiple facts to enable Inspect Facts at the bottom of the Fact Details panel.
- Click the Inspect Facts toggle to turn it on.
- Use the arrows at the bottom of the panel to see details for each selected fact.
- Make changes to fact details.
Change Multiple Facts at One Time
You can make changes to many facts at one time in the Fact Details panel by selecting multiple facts in your document.
- Select multiple facts. To select facts that are not grouped together, press Ctrl while selecting them.
- Click the Inspect Facts toggle again to turn it off. When Inspect Facts is off and you select multiple facts, you can see all concepts, dates, and other properties that are used for the group of selected facts. This makes it easy to see and edit fact details for multiple facts at one time.
- Make changes in the Fact Details panel.
How to Select Facts with Overlapping Tags
When selecting a fact in your document that has overlapping tags, only one level of fact details is in the Fact Details panel.
For example, a table cell will often have a Level 4 detail and a Level 3 table text block applied to it. When you click the table cell, only the Level 4 details are in the Fact Details panel.
Here is what you’ll see in the Fact Details panel when selecting a fact with multiple levels applied:
- Level 4 tag details over Levels 1 - 3
The following image shows a table tagged with a Level 3 table text block and its cells each have Level 4 details. When you select a cell, only the Level 4 details are in the Fact Details panel.
- Level 3 tag details over Levels 1 - 2
The following image shows a table and its introductory sentence tagged with a Level 3 table text block and the entire section with a Level 2 accounting policy text block. When you click in the table text block, only the Level 3 table text block details are in the Fact Details panel.
- Level 2 tag details over Level 1
The following image shows the accounting policy tagged a Level 2 text block within a disclosure note tagged with a Level 1 text block. When you click in the Level 2 accounting policy, only the Level 2 text block details are in the Fact Details panel.
To see details for other levels, select them where their tags start or select them where there are no overlapping tags.