You may wish to create multiple layouts for introductions, informational slides and conclusions, or simply to vary the look of the content at key points.
You can create multiple slide layouts, and switch between them at any point in a presentation. If you change any elements in a slide layout, all slides based on that slide layout are updated.
Create a Slide Layout
To create a new slide layout:
- Click the View in the toolbar.
- Click Layouts to view and edit slides layouts.
- Click the Add Layout button to create a new slide layout.
You'll see the new layout in the outline with a generic name, which you can change by right-clicking.
To adjust the layout dimensions of your presentation:
- Go to the File toolbar.
- Choose the Properties icon, then Presentation Properties.
- Choose the Slide Formats tab and set your desired width and height under Slide Layout .
You can now edit the slide layout, adding text, graphics, colors, and formatting. You may wish to create multiple layouts for introductions, informational slides and conclusions, or simply to vary the look of the content at key points.
Use a Slide Layout
After you create a slide layout, you can choose to use it when creating a new slide by clicking the drop-down on the Add Slide button.
Change a Slide Layout
If you want to change the slide layout for a slide, go to the Slide Properties panel on the right and use the Slide Layout drop-down. Choose the desired layout.
Delete a Slide Layout
To delete a slide layout:
- Go to the View toolbar and Click the Layouts .
- Right-click on the slide name and choose Delete .
- In the prompt that appears, click Delete to confirm you want to delete the slide layout.