You can delete documents and files that you no longer need by moving them into the Trash.
Keep in mind:
Only Document Owners can delete files. If you are a Workspace Owner or Content Manager you can make yourself a Document Owner by changing permissions.
Files remain in the Trash forever unless an Owner restores the file or a Workspace Owner or Content Manager empties the trash.
Delete a file
To delete a file:
- Check the box next to the files you want to delete.
- Click Delete in the upper right-hand corner. You can also right-click the files and select Delete.
- Click Delete to confirm that you want to delete the files.
Restore a file
Only Owners can restore a file that has been moved to the Trash. The restored file will be returned to its original location.
To restore a file that has been moved to the Trash:
- Click Files from the left-hand menu. Click the Trash tab.
- Select the checkbox for items that you wish to restore.
- Click the Restore icon in the upper right corner or hover over the file to access the drop-down arrow and menu to the right and choose Restore.
If you are a Workspace Owner or Content Manager, you can empty the Trash from the Trash tab.
To empty the Trash:
- Click on Files and navigate to the Trash tab
- Click Empty Trash in the top right corner of your screen
- Confirm that you understand this action can't be undone
- Click Empty Trash
If you're unable to empty certain files from the Trash, refresh the page and try to empty the Trash again. If this persists, you can contact Workiva Support for further assistance.