You can delete documents and files that you no longer need by moving them into the trash.
Keep in mind:
Only Document Owners can delete files. If you are a Workspace Owner or Content Manager you can make yourself a Document Owner by changing permissions.
Files remain in the trash forever unless an Owner restores the file or a Workspace Owner or Content Manager empties the trash.
Delete a file
To delete a file:
- Check the box next to the files you want to delete.
- Click Delete in the upper right-hand corner. You can also right-click the files and select Delete.
- Click Delete to confirm that you want to delete the files.
Restore a file
Only Owners can restore a file that has been moved to the trash. The restored file will be returned to its original location.
To restore a file that has been moved to the trash:
- Click Files from the left-hand menu. Click the Trash tab.
- Select the checkbox for items that you wish to restore.
- Click the Restore icon in the upper right corner or hover over the file to access the drop down arrow and menu to the right and choose Restore.
If you are a Workspace Owner or Content Manager, you can empty the trash from Classic Account Admin.
To empty the trash:
- Click your name in the lower left and click Classic Wdesk and then select Classic Account Admin.
- Click Content and then navigate to Trash.
- Select Empty trash and confirm to finish.