Note: You can now migrate to the new Certifications experience in Processes. Workiva will soon auto-archive artifacts for all historical certifications created from the beginning of the account. Learn more about migration and specific timelines.
Create a new template
To create a new template:
- Click the Templates tab.
- Click Create Template.
- Give the template a name in the Title field.
To build the body of the letter:
- Click Add Text to add a textbox to the template. This is a good place for introductory information.
- Click Add Question to create a question that requires a response from your signers.
- Add available responses. Click the plus sign to add more than two responses.
- Select Exception if choosing that response will require review.
- When you are done making changes, click Add Question. Repeat the process for additional questions.
Click Attach File to include a file with the template. Any letter using this template will include any files you attach to the template. You may wish to attach files to the letter instead.
To edit the letter, select the question that you would like to change and click the Edit icon . To remove a question, select it and click the Delete . When all questions are completed, choose Save Changes.
The template is saved into your library. You can repeat these steps to create additional templates.
View and edit existing templates
To view a template as it will appear to a recipient, click the Templates tab to display the library. Then click Preview button to the right of the template you wish to view.
To create a new template based on an existing template, click the Copy button, also to the right of the template name. In the dialog box, type a name for the new template, and click Copy. Then edit the new template as needed.
If you want to edit an existing template’s content, click the name of the template you want to edit.