This article is for:
- Org User Admins, Org Workspace Admins, and Workspace Owners
The Workspace Support User role is designated for Workiva staff, such as a CSM or PSM. As an Org User Admin, Org Workspace Admin, or Workspace Owner, you can add and remove support users and set their workspace membership expiration dates in your workspace.
Note: Depending on your organization's security settings, Workspace Owners may be restricted from adding support users to their workspaces.
Add support users to your workspace
When creating a brand new workspace, you can add support users at the same time.
To add support users to an existing workspace:
- Go to Workspace Settings and then the Members tab. Click Add and select Add support users.
- Find and select the support users you want to add.
- By default, support users' workspace memberships will expire 90 days after they're added to the workspace. You can set a different expiration date or deselect this option if you don’t want their workspace memberships to expire.
- Click Add Support Users to finish.
You can also double-click the Workspace roles field value next to a user and add the Workspace Support User role there. Then click Apply Changes for the change to take effect.
Set support user workspace membership expiration dates
To help limit access to and maintain security in your workspace, you can set workspace membership expiration dates for your support users. These expiration dates apply to their workspace membership, not just their Workspace Support User role. By setting a membership expiration date, you won’t have to remember to manually remove a support user from the workspace later on.
By default, support users’ workspace memberships will expire 90 days after they're added to the workspace. To change this expiration date:
- Go to Workspace Settings and then the Members tab.
- Double-click the Membership expires field value next to the support user.
- Select your preferred expiration date.
- Click Apply Changes.