This article is for:
- Workspace members with the ESG role
CDP — formerly Carbon Disclosure Project — is a nonprofit organization that uses responses to its annual questionnaires to score organizations based on environmental transparency and action. To help collect and track responses for a CDP questionnaire, you can set up your ESG Program's metrics to:
- Ensure alignment with CDP questionnaire content.
- Easily refer to values already collected for your ESG reporting.
- Assign other workspace members to prepare or approve responses.
Tip: Not every CDP question may require an ESG Program metric.
Step 1. Align metrics with CDP questions
To easily track which CDP question or response a metric's values align with connect the metric to CDP content in ESG Explorer that it aligns with:
- In ESG Explorer, select the CDP questionnaires to respond to from the ESG Admin panel.
- From the ESG Program, open the metric, and add the CDP question it aligns with in Related ESG content.
Tip: When you align a metric with its related CDP content, you can refer to its values from the CDP Questionnaire panel of the spreadsheet created from the questionnaire.
Step 2. Assign CDP responses to workspace members
From an ESG Program metric, you can to assign and track data collection for its connected CDP question's responses:
- In Metric assignment, select who will prepare and approve the response, set due dates, and provide instructions on how to respond.
- After you set up a metric, click Send task to notify its assignee to collect their values.
- Track the response's data collection from the metric or its ESG Program or topic.
Step 3. Refer to metric values for CDP responses
From Home, you can import a CDP questionnaire to create a spreadsheet to collect and craft its responses. From the spreadsheet's CDP Questionnaire panel, a question's connected ESG Program metrics appear in Metrics.
From the panel, you can copy and paste a metric's value its question's corresponding section of the spreadsheet.