This article is for:
- ESG Program Owners
From an ESG Program, you can curate values for multiple years' Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) reporting. To add or remove a year from an ESG Program, its Owner can click Manage reporting years.
Add reporting year
To collect values for a new reporting year, add the year to the ESG Program. When you add a new reporting year, it automatically appears on the ESG Program's topics and metrics.
Note: We currently recommend you add only previous reporting years, to curate historical values. To roll forward an ESG Program to a new year, contact your Workiva Customer Success Manager (CSM).
Step 1. Add the year
To add the reporting year to an ESG Program's topics and metrics:
- From the ESG Program, click Manage reporting years
- Click Add year.
- Select the year to add to the ESG Program, and click Add year.
Tip: To select a year other than the five provided by default, click - or + to move back or ahead through years.
Step 2. Update the year's metrics
To ease data collection, the new year's metrics include the same frequency, dimensions, and assignments as the most recent reporting year's metric — but no values, connected source files, or due dates.
Tip: If you add a metric to the new reporting year, select the frequency of each year's values.
To enable data collection for the new reporting year, edit its metrics as necessary:
- Add any related ESG content or reference attachments for the new reporting year.
- Update the metric's frequency or custom dimension for the new year.
- Set up the year's values for data collection, including any connected source files, reassignments, and due dates.
Remove reporting year
You can remove a reporting year from an ESG Program, including all of its metric values and any in-progress data collection tasks.
Tip: To remove specific metric values — instead of all values — from a reporting year, remove the values from the metric instead.
To remove a reporting year:
- From ESG Program, click Manage reporting years .
- From the reporting year, select Remove year.
- Click Remove.
Manage ESG Program metrics, including how to remove specific values from a year