This article is for:
- Workspace members with the ESG role
CDP — formerly Carbon Disclosure Project — is a nonprofit organization that uses responses to its annual questionnaires to score organizations based on environmental transparency and action. From Home, you can create a spreadsheet to collect responses for an imported CDP questionnaire. To help you respond, spreadsheets created from an imported CDP questionnaire include a CDP Questionnaire panel.
From this panel, you can:
- View CDP guidance and ESG Program metrics for a selected question
- Export the questionnaire's responses to submit to CDP
Tip: To easily navigate between questions within a sheet, click Previous step or Next step from the CDP Questionnaire panel, and select an input cell to enter its response or view the question's guidance or metrics.
View CDP guidance
For assistance from CDP as you craft responses, just select the question's input cell in the spreadsheet created from the CDP questionnaire, and open the CDP Questionnaire panel. From the panel, you can view CDP's guidance for the question, including:
- Response options
- Requested content
- Explanations of terms
- Scoring criteria
- Related content from Task Force for Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
View connected ESG Program metrics
To help collect responses and track data collection, you can align ESG Program metrics with CDP content in ESG Explorer. From the CDP Questionnaire panel, you can view the ESG Program metrics connected to a CDP question:
- In the spreadsheet created from a CDP questionnaire, select the input cell related to the CDP question.
- From the CDP Questionnaire panel, select Metrics.
- In Program, select the ESG Program to view connected metrics for.
- To view a metric's details, click its name.
Tip: To open a metric, such as to view its values, click Go to metric.
- To enter a metric's value as the response, copy it from the metric, and paste it into the spreadsheet's input cell.
Export responses for CDP
After you complete responses for all applicable questions in the spreadsheet, click Export spreadsheet for CDP from the CDP Questionnaire panel to download them as a Microsoft Excel® file to submit to CDP. When the file downloads, you can then submit the responses through the CDP ORS.
Note: To create an Excel file of your spreadsheet for CDP, use the CDP Questionnaire panel — not the spreadsheet's Save as Excel — to retain logic for the ORS.
Tip: If you receive a message that responses couldn't export, check all date fields in the spreadsheet to verify they appear in a
Excel is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.