A recent release to the Workiva Platform included improvements to the following products and features:
Upload desktop files to a binder
You can now choose to add files in your workspace or to upload files from your desktop when compiling a binder.
Note: These changes are currently available only to standalone OneCloud subscribers, but will be released to all Workiva users in the coming weeks.
Bug fixes and improvements
- Runner SQS: We've made a number of backend improvements that will improve your day-to-day experience in Chain Builder. Moving forward, you'll see even fewer timeouts and failures – particularly when working with complex or long-running chains.
- STUD-631 (OneCloud customers only): When accessing a chain run on the Monitor screen, users without the proper permissions were previously redirected to an error page. We'e updated this action so users will stay on the current page and see a simple error message instead.
- STUD-1769: When editing the starting node of a published chain, a "Your chain is out of date" error message was incorrectly triggered.
- STUD-1774: We introduced a number of backend enhancements that will improve the reliability and resiliency of Groundrunners.
- STUD-1855: In Data Prep, certain mapping groups would display duplicate rows when opened multiple times; this resulted in a generic "GraphQL error" that prevented further changes.
Existing folder permissions are now automatically applied to imported Wdata objects
When importing documents with connections to Wdata, you can upload to a specific folder in the destination workspace. If that folder has existing permissions, they will be automatically applied to the newly imported files -- including Wdata objects such as queries and tables.
Files imported to the default root directory will not be assigned these permissions, meaning only the workspace owner in charge of the import will have access to them.