Unlike the financial filings you may create in the Workiva platform, your Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) reports are often a public-facing representation of your company, similar to Marketing assets. Once you collect values for your ESG metrics, you can disclose them through highly-attractive reports designed in the Workiva platform, Adobe InDesign®, or a mix of both.
Use Workiva's Designed Reporting features
With Designed Reporting features, your Workiva document becomes a canvas where you and your design team can compose highly-designed ESG reports. For example, you can:
- Enable dynamic layouts and designs with shapes; lines; and moveable "floating" text boxes, images, tables, and charts.
- Use File Colors to share brand colors and other consistent palettes with file collaborators and across multiple files.
- Adjust Character Spacing from very tight to very loose, or based on a specific value.
- Ensure picture-perfect fidelity with Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG) images, including as file backgrounds.
Tip: If your ESG report aligns with United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDG), you can download SVG communication assets — such as the UNSDG logo and icons — from the UN.
- Set up style guides to ensure consistent designs throughout a document.
By designing your ESG reports in the Workiva platform, you can:
- Retain connected values to ensure the latest data throughout the design process.
- Maintain control of the document and its data with file permissions.
- Ease versioning with milestones and blacklines.
Export to Adobe InDesign®
For designers who prefer to work in Adobe InDesign, you can save your report's document as InCopy Markup Language (ICML) to maintain the data assurance of its linked values in the Workiva platform.
|In the Workiva platform||In InDesign|
Tip: To create an Extensible Hypertext Markup Language (XHTML) version of your designed report for your company website, use the Workiva Integration plugin to import your InDesign file back into Workiva as an InDesign Markup Language (IDML) file.
InDesign® is a registered trademark of Adobe, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.